Wednesday 28 September 2011

20/09/11

I went to Open Arms today and worked again on the Staff Manual; hopefully it should only take a couple more weeks. I had a brief talk with some of the clients about computers but there is a lot to put in the manual so I had to return to that quickly!
Later I went to my first French lesson since leaving school; I did french A level but it seems that I have forgotten everything as I couldn't even manage the past tense! After French I went to have some jerk pork and lamb at a jerk hut; jerk is a spicy marinade that the Jamaicans love to put on everything from chicken to fish. The meat is then barbecued and chopped up into pieces. It is delicious, but the sauce they put with it is very, very spicy! At the Jerk centre I got a call from the husband of the Spanish Ambassador saying that they wanted to get rid of their dog, a black Labrador, after a brief discussion with my housemates we decided to adopt it. Next January they leave Jamaica but head to France and will take the dog with them; so we arranged to pick the dog up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment