Sunday 11 September 2011

08/09/11 - A day of Golf

I decided whilst I was in Jamaica that I would take up golf again; I used to play a lot a few years ago but now my handicap is as high as possible. Today I have decided to play with Jo whose husband is the British Deputy High Commissioner and plays to a similar standard as me. We are playing at Caymanas Golf and Country club high up in the hills above Kingston which is normally cooler and windier than the city itself. The views from the golf course are spectacular as you can see right across the city to the harbour, from up here Kingston looks idyllic. Whilst we are walking around Jo mentions that she had rescued a nine week old puppy from the streets and taken it to the vets where it had spent the last few days on a drip, the puppy is now back at home with Jo but looking for a new family; may be I can persuade the people I'm staying with that they need a little puppy! On the twelfth hole I renamed Jo - Woody, as she hit a tree on every shot she took until she finally reached the green!
The weather, as might be expected in the Caribbean, is very hot and because it is the summer here it is also quite muggy and as a result there are mosquitoes about everywhere - unfortunately I appear to be a delicacy and have been eaten alive. I managed to score one under my handicap which I was very pleased with - hopefully I will just keep improving!

No comments:

Post a Comment