Sunday 11 September 2011

10/09/11 - Golf and Fish

Today I played golf with Jo again but we were also joined by Karen, who also works for the High Commission and Annette an ex-pat. I played to my handicap today which I was pleased with - despite losing three balls, and I almost birdied the seventh too which would have made my week; but it was fun none the less. We kept track of the tennis and were unsurprised when Djokovic beat Federer. After golf we went to have dinner at a restaurant called Rodney's which serves fish. You go up into the shop and choose your snapper, they then ask you how you want it cooked - roasted, steamed, fried or escovitched (which is fried with onions, scotch bonnets and a special sauce). I had my snapper escovitched, normally they serve the fish with chips but they had run out today so instead we were given festival bread which is more like a long doughnut than bread and is normally served with Jamaican jerk food. The restaurant itself is right on the sea opposite Morgan's Harbour and the airport. Looking over the harbour was lovely once the sun had set as Kingston seemed to sparkle with all its lights flickering and the sound of the waves was very relaxing. It is nice being by the see as there is a lovely cool breeze that comes off it - and the fish was wonderful; just a shame that Murray lost to Nadal.
I will definitely be going to Rodney's again!

No comments:

Post a Comment