Sunday 9 October 2011

07/10/11 - ER

In the morning I met up with Nicki and went to wait for the SMO only to find out that both he and his secretary were on holiday. We were ready to go home very disappointed when Dr Wong told us to come and see him in ER. Feeling sure he would tell me it was impossible for me to work in the ER we went to see him and after a very short conversation he said, 'sure you can start now.' We stood staring at each other for a moment then Dr Wong introduced me to a young lady named Dr Reid who would look after me then he disappeared and a very happy Nicki went back home.
Dr Reid looked a little at a loss for what to do with me but at that moment a young man came in who had been stabbed in the hand and back. Dr Reid told me to come and watch while they ultrasounded his heart to see if the knife had punctured it. Luckily it hadn't but the man was making so much noise you would have thought he was dying, however once he was told he was fine and would be going to have an x-ray he stopped screaming and started playing on his phone! Later on an 18year old girl came in with a stab wound in her side, she was 5 months pregnant with her second baby and she was very scared. The doctor and the nurses spent most of the time dealing with her minor wounds singing and dancing around her. The Doctors and nurses were all really nice and didn't seem to mind me being there at all. I left about 2 o'clock and couldn't wait to go back Monday.
It was my housemate's birthday today so we went with her to one of hr workmates houses and had an amazing jamaican dinner and a wonderful chocolate mousse cake. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment