Sunday 9 October 2011

03/10/11 - Tax and Unity

Today we had to go and get the car tax renewed there was a very long queue with only three cashiers when there could have been ten and in the middle of the busiest period one of the cashiers packed up and went away! Afterwards we went to PICA to get my stay in Jamaica extended, on the way we decided to buy a tennis racket so that we could throw the ball further for the dog but I discovered a shoe shop and brought a very nice pair of black stilettos and some trainers - but no tennis racket!
Then we walked over the road to PICA, we finally found the relevant department and waited. Eventually we were seen and the official asked 'you really want to extend your stay?' whilst looking at me incredulously. She then asked how old I was and when she discovered that I was over eighteen (which could have been determined by just looking at my passport) she told me it was impossible for me to extend my stay without having a letter signed by my employee; even though I'm not technically employed! So we went home.
We took the dog for a quick walk then got ready to go to the German Unity day party at the Pegasus hotel which was to celebrate the reunification of East and West Germany. The venue was right at the top of the Pegasus and the view across Kingston was amazing! Unfortunately the microphone wasn't working for the speeches or because the room was open the acoustics were awful but you had to be right at the front to here anything. Apart from that it was good fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment